Reindeer moss (Cladonia rangiferina) is the latest hit in interior decoration. Hand-picked from the forest and mountain areas of Scandinavia, the moss is stabilised using various salts and glicerine. We absolutely love its natural look and intriguing structures.
However, we found that using real moss might be some downsides.
1. It is very delicate and can crumble.
2. Due to preservation process it can produce artificial smell. It can stain too.
3. Obtaining reindeer moss is difficult due to its slow growth rate (3 to 5 mm per year).
4. In Arctic lands it serves as pasture for reindeer, moose, caribou, and musk oxen, so it is not fully ecological to use.
5. Its price can be really high, starting from 400 euro for 1 sqm. Please note that our wallpaper is 39 euros.
All the above motivated us to prepare the moss wallpaper. We chose the best pieces of moss and arranged them in this compelling set. Then we used our original photorealistic method to photoscan and process the images in the computer. We found the final result just outstanding!
In a nutshell, our wallpaper is durable, shows all tiny details of the reindeer moss structure and is super easy to install. Take a look and let a mysterious air of Scandinavian forest in your interior. And make reindeers carefree and happy again! 🙂